GoalsAdditional synergies shall be created between the members of the SCH enabling the combination of strengths in teaching and research in order to initiate new joint projects. Expertise and existing structures at the university shall be linked to strategic priorities in research and teaching at the four Leibniz-Institutions in the region of Halle.
The ScienceCampus Halle shall offer a roof, which enables on the one hand to benefit from the specialization resulting from trans-disciplinary research and on the other hand to create new interdisciplinary research projects depending on the problem.
The establishment of the "system-oriented roof" of the ScienceCampus Halle has the following aims:
- initiating dialogue and discussions between scientists of different natural-, economic- and social science disciplines
- specific and structured promotion of interdisciplinary projects in terms of scientific excellence
- systemic and interdisciplinary education and qualification of young scientists in the field of plant-based bioeconomy
- build a network of leading scientists of the participating institutions on the one hand and with practice and economy on the other hand, particularly in Central Germany
- educational advertising of politics and public on the importance of plant production and the possibilities and opportunities of plant-based bioeconomy
- increase of attractiveness and of national and international visibility as a leading region for "plant-based bioeconomy" in Germany
Based on the existing science priorities and expertise in the areas of plant science and agricultural economics, the science campus Halle aims to a systematic and sustainable development of an interdisciplinary center for plant-based bioeconomy. The SCH provides interdisciplinarily trained professionals and important fundamentals for future applications, which can be implemented in economics for example in the "closely connected" Spitzencluster BioEconomy.
Based on the targeted and purposeful intensification of cooperation of non-university research institutions and academic institutes in the field of plant-based bioeconomy, the scientific excellence in research and teaching and the transfer of knowledge into practice